Business travel can be quite a torment to endure for both employees and employers. Employees might be aware of the location and duration of a trip, but not the extended effort that goes into booking and planning these trips. If approached correctly, however, corporate travel does not always have to be pictured as a difficult process.
Corporate travel is increasingly becoming an essential part of any business operation. When thinking about companies that carry out operations on a global scale, it is almost impossible not to acknowledge the importance of managing business travel. This is why travel management tools are so essential. Business travel management tools can assist you and your employees to plan ahead and manage business trips without any hassle.
In this blog, we have compiled a list of some of the most effective corporate travel management tools that can automate, facilitate and manage travel booking-related processes for your company in 2023.
Let’s get started!
Which travel management tools do businesses need?
Corporate travel management tools have become an indispensable resource for modern businesses. This is due to the fast-paced business environment, globalization, and the necessity for travel. Although remote communication is possible, there are many situations where face-to-face interactions are needed to foster business relationships. Thus, organizations from time to time need to send company representatives on business trips. This is where travel management tools come in handy.
Travel management tools are software solutions designed to optimize and facilitate the travel process for business trips. There are various types of business travel management tools, with a wide range of features available. See the most common types of business travel management tools below:
- Expense management – Expense management tools are designed to help individuals and companies track, organize, and manage all their travel-related expenses. These tools often include features such as invoice scanning, automated expense reports, and integration with accounting software.
- Travel itinerary management – Travel itinerary management tools assist users in consolidating and organizing their travel plans in one place, making it easier to manage and keep track of all their travel arrangements. These tools typically gather travel information from email confirmations or booking sites and create a master itinerary that can be accessed through an app or website.
- Business travel planning and management – Business travel planning and management tools are designed to assist companies in planning and managing their employees’ business travel. These tools often include features such as travel booking, itinerary management, offline access, and automatic Itinerary sync with other applications.
- Corporate travel booking management – Corporate travel booking management tools help companies to simplify and streamline the process of booking travel arrangements for their employees. These tools typically offer a range of travel booking options, top-rated homes & collaborative spaces, team-building opportunities, and the ability to set travel policy guidelines.
- Corporate travel management – Corporate travel management tools provide companies with a comprehensive platform to manage their employees’ business travel. These tools typically include features such as travel booking, itinerary management, and policy compliance monitoring, all in one centralized dashboard.
Depending on specific business travel needs, companies can choose from a selection of travel management solutions that can streamline and enhance the entire corporate travel experience.
In the next section, we will take a deep dive into the 5 best business travel management tools that you can use to enhance your overall corporate travel experience in 2023.
1. Klippa SpendControl travel expense management
Klippa SpendControl is an expense management software that is among the best corporate travel management tools in 2023. It is a fully digital expense management solution with customizable workflows and many integration possibilities.
Klippa SpendControl comes with a mobile app with features such as automatic text recognition, multiple authorization layers, and dependable handling of travel bookings and other travel-related expenses.
SpendControl is designed with simplicity and effectiveness in mind. The software is capable of solving all business travel expense-related problems. Businesses can keep track, monitor and claim back several travel expenditures including, flights, hotels, and money spent on meals.
Although there are many corporate travel management tools in the market, Klippa SpendControl is a top contender that has the potential to come out on top. From automated expense tracking to optimized expense reimbursements, Klippa offers an expense management solution that shines in precision, efficiency, and convenience.
- Expense management solution that provides businesses with visibility into their spending patterns by tracking and managing all travel expenses
- Integration with other ERP or accounting systems and the possibility of tailoring the solution to meet specific expense policies and requirements
- Make data-driven decisions, and identify opportunities for cost savings and process optimization with advanced analytics and reporting features
- User-friendly mobile interface to easily submit and approve expense reports and invoices
- Automatically capture and categorize expenses from receipts and invoices using OCR technology
- Implement your expense report policy with smart business rules and simplify travel expense claims via Google Maps integration
- Duplicate receipt and invoice detection to prevent double reimbursements
Overall, Klippa SpendControl offers a comprehensive and intelligible solution for corporate travel expense management that saves time, reduces errors, improves compliance, and enhances the experience of business trips.
TripIt is a business travel management application that equips users with tools to manage their trips while retaining all travel information in an organized and simplified overview. The TripIt application can help organize hours of planning in a flash, creating an easier trip for you each time.
The app can also be used to record all relevant travel information. This provides users with the possibility to forward confirmation emails for various bookings and reservations such as flights, car rentals, hotels and many more. The collected information is later used to create a master itinerary that is easily accessible.
Even though TripIt is often considered when mentioning the best corporate travel management tools, how exactly does TripIt stand out from the rest of its competitors? Its unique ability to automatically create an intelligible itinerary from a user’s travel confirmation emails saves time and manual effort for many users. Check out some of the features below:
- Centralized itinerary management
- Directions, and weather updates
- Automatic itinerary updates & creation
- Travel rewards tracking
- Real-time flight alerts
Overall, TripIt simplifies the travel planning process and helps companies stay on top of their travel plans. TripIt will organize and ensure that you have all the essential information at your fingertips. Enjoy an invaluable itinerary management solution with real-time flight alerts, so you never miss any important changes ever again.
Packpoint is a reliable and feature-rich packing app that can simplify your business travel-related preparations, save you time and effort, and ensure you have all the items you need for a stress-free trip.
Forgetting essential items like important documents for example, or necessary equipment, can cause inconvenience and may require you to spend additional time and effort to obtain or replace them during your trip. This can disrupt your schedule and potentially affect your ability to perform certain tasks effectively or even attend meetings.
Never forget an essential item ever again because Packpoint can help you simplify your packing process. Packpoint combines a travel app that uses smart packing algorithms with personalized recommendations to create packing lists tailored to your specific trip.
- Shareable and customizable packing lists
- Offline access and automatic Itinerary sync with apps of your choice
- Weather-specific recommendations and advanced packing algorithms
In summary, businesses can enhance corporate travel productivity for their employees by making sure Packpoint is incorporated into the business travel management process. With Packpoint, you can promote efficient packing, minimize the risk of forgetting important items, reduce travel-related stress, and enhance the overall business travel experience for your employees.
4. Airbnb for Business
Designed to cater to the unique needs of corporate travelers, Airbnb for business makes managing business travel bookings simple and cost-effective. It offers a hassle-free solution for booking a diverse range of accommodations, from unique homes to extended stays.
Book unique and authentic accommodations that offer a more personalized experience for your employees. This can result in increased employee satisfaction and productivity during business trips, ultimately creating a positive and memorable travel experience.
Companies can also earn credits for each booking, which can be used towards future bookings. Airbnb for Business offers a loyalty program called “Business Travel Ready.” The motive behind this program is to help companies save money on future business travel bookings.
This can provide additional cost savings for businesses, helping them save money on future travel bookings. Check out some of the main features:
- Centralized billing and team accounts
- Unique and diverse accommodations
- Team building experiences
- Top-rated homes & collaborative spaces
- Credit rewards for future bookings
Conclusively, Airbnb for Business is a credible option for business travelers due to the variety of offerings, booking flexibility, and adaptable cancellation policies that come with Airbnb listings. Match specific travel needs to fitting accommodations with business-friendly amenities like privacy, security, and convenience in a comfortable and productive environment for all business trips.
TravelPerk is a renowned business travel management solution founded in 2015 that focuses on simplifying the travel management process for businesses of all sizes. Its user-friendly interface allows the possibility to book flights, reserve accommodations, and trains, and even rent cars.
Businesses can save time and money by ensuring travel policy compliance and automated expense reporting. This helps businesses control costs and ensure a much better travel experience for their employees.
Some of the unique features that make TravelPerk stand out from the rest of the competition, and also include them on the list of leading business travel management platforms can be found below:
- User-friendly interface
- Real-time itinerary updates
- Transparent pricing
- 24/7 customer support
- Automated expense reporting
Overall, TravelPerk’s platform features can help businesses to get the best value for their money by largely reducing the need for manual data entry, making it easier for users to stay on top of travel expenses and have a stress-free business travel experience.
The above-mentioned corporate travel management software is considered the best option to help businesses effectively manage travel-related issues in 2023. From expense tracking and reporting to policy enforcement and booking accommodations. They all provide different top-notch features that can help any business to effectively manage their corporate travel bookings and expenses, making their overall travel experience better.
Klippa SpendControl offers automated expense tracking and reporting, TripIt helps users organize travel itineraries and track expenses, Packpoint aids in packing efficiently for trips, Airbnb for Business allows for booking accommodations with centralized billing and reporting, and TravelPerk offers a comprehensive end-to-end travel management solution.
Despite meticulous planning, stringent travel policies, and advanced travel management tools in place, companies can still expect unforeseen expenses during business trips such as accommodation changes, missed connections, and additional baggage fees. This is why travel expense management tools should be an inherent part of any business trip.
With Klippa SpendControl, you have one less worry by making sure all your travel-related expenses are in check!
Sign up for a demo today by following the steps below or get in touch with our team of product specialists! Find out why SpendControl is the best solution for all your expense management needs.