What will you be doing?
Analyzing, designing and developing the Cloud infrastructures for our Klippa products, based on Microsoft Azure, is your main task as a Cloud engineer at Klippa. Next to that you enable our developers with a great development flow. Given your high level of expertise, you will interact a lot with other developers. For instance, when you’re supporting them in building efficient/secure Docker images and making technical decisions about services that will run in the cluster.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
– Deploying applications in our Azure Kubernetes cluster;
– Linking our cluster to our Gitlab CI/CD environment;
– Enabling deployments from our Gitlab CI/CD environment;
– Optimising the workload in the cluster;
– Improving of the monitoring and logging in the cluster;
– Making monitoring and logging available/ visible via the Gitlab CI/CD environment for developers;
– Autoscaling nodes/pods based on workload using KEDA and Horizontal Pod Scaling.
Who are we looking for?
As a driven and ambitious medior/senior cloud engineer, you are critical towards the status quo. In your work you focus on the future; you think ahead and make applications that last. Since you will be working a lot with other developers, it’s important that you are open and have the capacity to explain to others.
In addition, we expect that you:
– have experience with Docker and Kubernetes. Having experience with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a big plus.
– have experience with hosting of HA services within Kubernetes.
– speak English fluently. Since Klippa is an international orientated company.
– are aware of the latest Cloud services and innovations and constantly want to expand this knowledge.
– have experience with building efficient/secure Docker images and/ or deploying different programming languages via a Docker image (plus).
– have experience with Kubernetes Zero-downtime Deployment, Kubernetes automatic node/pod scaling and/ or using GPUs in Kubernetes (plus).
Who are we?
Founded in 2015 and active in countries all over the world, Klippa is a fast-growing IT scale-up. We started out as a start-up specialized in digitizing paper receipts, but we now offer numerous services in automated document processing. We developed our own OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology that allows us to scan and process any type of document automatically, from invoices to passports. It is our mission to use the very best technology to relieve people from having to do tedious administrative tasks. We make work more enjoyable, we prevent errors and fraud, we reduce costs and we enable organizations to focus on their core business.
Our goal is to use the very best technology to relieve people from having to do tedious administrative tasks. We try to use machine learning techniques as much as possible with the aim of continuing improvement. We promote freedom and responsibility and expect our people to care about our company, product, clients and goals. You will be working in a team of 20 developers. In addition, you will also collaborate a lot with other teams within Klippa. Think, for example, of back-end developing and the AI team. We believe that teams achieve more than individuals: we succeed by working together. During the breaks we like to play a game of Fifa on the PS5 or table tennis. At the Friday Night Drinks we like to organize Call of Duty LAN-parties at the office and of course have a beer. Or two.
What do we offer?
We offer you a place where there’s room for your creativity, entrepreneurship and development. A pleasant working environment is important to Klippa. That is why fun activities are regularly organised, such as our Klippa team event every month: in December we are kickboxing!
Furthermore, you can expect:
– A part-time or full-time (between 32 to 40 hours a week) job as a cloud engineer.
– A competitive salary, including a bonus plan.
– 25 vacation days per year (based on a full-time contract) and 8% of the gross wage of the previous year holiday allowance.
– pension accrual and a personal development budget.
– a company laptop and a hybrid (flexible) workspace.
Developers at Klippa make awesome software, but they also like to joke around from time to time. That’s why we collected some of the funniest developer jokes